GOLFSelect recognises the importance of privacy protection and has created this
of your personal information and complies with the Australian National Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy Amendment
(Private Sector) Act 2000 .
GOLFSelect will only collect the personal information it requires to provide you
with business and related services or for the promotion or marketing of its services.
GOLFSelect will only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an
unreasonably intrusive way. GOLFSelect collects personal information in a number
of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone or in application forms,
or when you submit your personal details via the GOLFSelect website (e.g. when you
make a purchase from the GOLFSelect website);
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under 'Use and disclosure of personal information';
- from our own records of how you use our services.
2. Use and disclosure
GOLFSelect may use your personal information it collects to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide you with business and related services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting
- promote and market GOLFSelect's current and future business and related services
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing
and upgrading of these systems.
If GOLFSelect uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, any
correspondence sent to you will include clear instructions on how to opt out of
receiving any further marketing correspondence.
In order to deliver the services you require, GOLFSelect may disclose your personal
information to organisations outside GOLFSelect. Your personal information is disclosed
to these organisations only in relation to GOLFSelect providing our services
to you. These organisations carry out our:
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services; and
- market research.
GOLFSelect takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by
confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you
to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit
rating, and credit provision);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors, and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised
by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those
involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including
accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk
and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
GOLFSelect may provide aggregate statistics about its customers, sales, traffic
patterns, and related website information to reputable third party vendors, but
these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
3. Data quality
GOLFSelect will take reasonable steps to make sure your personal information it
collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to date. If you believe
that any personal information that GOLFSelect holds about you is not accurate, complete
or up-to-date, please contact GOLFSelect so we can investigate the matter.
4. Data security
GOLFSelect will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds
from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. GOLFSelect
permits only authorised personnel to access your personnel information.
GOLFSelect will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your
personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
6. Access and correction
You have a right to access the personal information that GOLFSelect holds about
you. You can access your personal information by contacting GOLFSelect. GOLFSelect
may require you to put your request in writing for security reasons.
GOLFSelect reserves the right to withhold your personal information where its disclosure
to you is restricted by law, is the subject of legal action, or may compromise the
privacy of another person.
GOLFSelect adopts its own identifiers for all individuals with whom it deals..
To guard against fraud, GOLFSelect requires all customers to identify themselves
accurately when purchasing a product or service from GOLFSelect.
9. Transborder data flows
GOLFSelect will only transfer your personal information outside of Australia if
it is confident the recipient will handle it in a manner consistent with the Australian
National Privacy Principles.
10. Sensitive information
GOLFSelect will not collect personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin,
political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, organisational membership,
or sexual activity.
Additional information relating to the GOLFSelect website
The GOLFSelect website uses browser cookies to determine if you have been referred
by one of its affiliate partners and to redirect you to the appropriate page. The
cookies do not contain any personal information.
While GOLFSelect contains links to other websites, it is not responsible for the
privacy practices or the content of such websites.
GOLFSelect uses the SecurePay payment system to process credit card payments. Before
making a payment via the SecurePay system, you should review SecurePay's privacy
and security policies. GOLFSelect is not responsible for SecurePay's privacy and
security policies. For more information about DirectOne visit www.securepay.com.au
GOLFSelect welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send email