For as long as most of us can remember, the name Terrey Hills has conjured up visions of the awesome beauty of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Today bush blends with landscaped gardens in a sought-after semi-rural village, home to a golf course recognised as one of the leading championship courses in Australia - Terrey Hills Golf & Country Club.
When Terrey Hills Golf & Country Club was opened in 1994 it was the first new course to be constructed in Sydney for over twenty years. It has developed into a dynamic club, building its own rich tradition and hosting premier events like the Canon Challenge.
Right from the first hole, the course sets new standards in visual and golfing excellence. Natural forests line gently contoured fairways, enhanced with native shrubs and flora. The greens and fairways feature a diverse range of grasses, which add challenge and interest as well as colour contrast. Carefully selected broadbent grass on the greens ensures a smoothly rolling putt, while the specially selected wintergreen couch provides a superior surface on the fairways. Native grasses are used to achieve a gentle transition between the undulating fairways and rugged natural vegetation.
The large greens allow for multiple pin placements, ensuring maximum enjoyment for all levels of golfers. Championship tees are strategically positioned to challenge low handicappers, while flexibility in the design of each hole accommodates the thinking, the conservative, and the adventurous golfer.
What the course offers, specifically.
Designed by Graham Marsh, using the most advanced computer modelling techniques, the course offers you:
- 6437 m (7057yd) 18 hole par 72 Championship course
- 700 square metre greens allowing multiple pin placements
- Multiple tees for variety
- A full length cart path for motorised carts
- Total coverage irrigation and superior drainage system
- Landscaping designed to be in complete harmony with the natural bushland environment and man-made lakes.
A clubhouse with facilities to please the most discerning person.
The spacious clubhouse with its sweeping windows, classic wrap-around verandahs, and high domed ceilings is a pleasing blend of classic elegance and Australian character. All leisure and entertaining areas and facilities are superbly appointed and members and their guests enjoy:
- Stylish formal or casual dining with sophisticated international cuisine.
- Relaxed drinks in the lounge or al fresco on the wide cool verandahs
- The use of a private VIP room for dining or conferences
- A wedding venue to create that special magic for your most special occasion
- A range of quality golfing merchandise at the Pro Shop
- Individual or group lessons from our trained PGA professional staff
- A well organised, lively program of social events throughout the year